Problem with Capsule/Physics Assignment in RobotStudio 8.0

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a RobotStudio simulation and hope that someone has experienced similar behavior before.

I am working with the following ABB robots:

  • IRB 6740-310/2.80
  • IRB 6720-170/3.10
  • IRB 6730-240/2.90

The RobotWare version available to me is RobotWare 7.20.0.

For creating and configuring the Safe Zones, 1 am using WEST 10.0.3.0.

My actual problem occurs with RobotWare/RobotStudio 8.0:

When I import the Safe Zones, the capsule, which should actually be assigned to or positioned on Link3, is apparently assigned to Link2 in the simulation. As a result, the capsule falls or moves downward instead of following the movement of Link3.

My questions are:

  • Has the assignment of physics/collision geometries to the robot links changed in
    RobotWare/RobotStudio 8.0?
  • Why is the capsule assigned to Link2 instead of Link3?
  • Is there a specific setting that allows the capsule to be correctly attached to Link3?
  • Could this behavior be related to the RobotWare version or the SafeMove/Physics configuration?
  • Is there possibly a difference between the Safe Zone configuration created in WEST 10.0.3.0 and how it is displayed or processed in RobotStudio 8.0?

If anyone has an idea which setting I should check, I would really appreciate any advice.